Friday, January 04, 2008

Congrats to Huckabee and Obama

I was happy to see that both Mike Huckabee and Barack Obama won their respective Republican and Democratic Iowa Caucuses on Thursday, Jan. 3, 2008.

I like them both as they are professed Christians.

E.J. Dionne, Jr., wrote a great article in the Washington Post about Obama's faith. Obama
gave a speech about his faith that you can read on his Senate site.

Huckabee, being a former Baptist preacher, is close to my heart as I'm a baptist and love what he once said about the fact that he's pastored people of all walks of life. To paraphrase, he knows the problems of a variety of people and can relate as he's pastored these folks for over a decade.

I also like the fact that Huckabee is honest when he makes a mistake and admits it. I would never vote for Mitt Romney, for reasons I've detailed in earlier blog entries at this location and my BibleStudyCafe blog.

A number of fiscal conservatives don't like him as he wants to totally eliminate the IRS in favor of a basic Fair Tax (consumption/sales tax only on things we buy). I have to read more about his idea on taxes as I don't fully understand his position.

I've never voted for a Republican for President, but would be willing to vote for
Huckabee, if...Obama is not the nominee of the Democrats.

If John Edwards is the nominee, I would consider voting for him, but I not Hillary Clinton as I question her motives for being President. I don't see a sincere desire on her part to be President. It seems more like a selfish career move with Mrs. Clinton, instead of a real passion for wanting to make a difference, like her husband. I like her as a person, but not as my President.

Thanks for reading my blog!

Be blessed by telling someone about Jesus today!

Your Brother in Christ,

Steve Kendall