Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Young Female Witness 4 Christ: Jamia Simone Nash

On Friday, Feb. 22, 2008, talk show host Tavis Smiley interviewed 11 year old Jamia Simone Nash on his PBS program, The Tavis Smiley Show.


I was extremely impressed with this 11 year old young lady as she discussed her Oscar nominated song, Raise It Up, from the film August Rush.


When host Tavis Smiley asked if she was nervous or scared about performing on the Oscar telecast, Ms. Nash replied, "Well, no, I'm not scared and tense and, yes, I am ready for Sunday. I'm excited. I'm very excited, but God's gonna work through me."


When Tavis asked, "So what does it feel like being your age and having this wonderful nomination and being a part of something this big?"

Young Jamia Nash told him, "Well, it feels great because it's all God's work. We give God all the glory 'cause this wouldn't have happened if He didn't work in our lives and get me where I am now, so I'm very excited and I'm just ready and I can't wait to hear, "They won!" If we do, well, I know we are. In Jesus' name, I do."


What a powerful testimony this young lady gave on television!


You can see video from her performance at the recent Academy Awards on YouTube.com
and listen to audio of her interview with Tavis Smiley and read the transcript.


Video of Ms. Nash from various other shows can also been found on YouTube:
Fox TV Broadcast

2005 Showtime at the Apollo