Monday, March 03, 2008

This Week’s Topic about Writing: Self-Publishing

Today, I'm scheduled to be one of the guests on Marsha Sumner's show, Crosstalk Urban Style on Heaven 1580 AM radio, Monday, March 3 at 11am Eastern Standard Time (EST). The topic will be "Self-Publishing."

If you live in the DC region, you can listen on the AM radio dial at 1580. If you live outside the DC area, or want to use the Internet, please go to www.Heaven1580AM.com. Please read my blog dated March 3, 2008 at http://biblestudycafedotcom.blogspot.com/ as I provide details about today’s interview.

Self-Publishing:
Given that I self-publish all of my books, I’m often asked about self-publishing by aspiring authors and authors who have used other means to publish their work.

Here are a few tips I have to offer on this subject (this is just my advice, and if you follow it, it is not guaranteed to work for you.)…

1. Pray: Pray before you venture into publishing your work. I also pray everyday before beginning a writing session.

2. Learn about various forms of Publishing: Become familiar with the various types of publishing, such as traditional, vanity, subsidy and self-publishing, and decide what’s best for you.

A resource I used to learn the definitions of different types of publishing is located on the Web site of the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America: http://www.sfwa.org/beware/vanitypublishers.html

Their site does a good job of defining self-publishing and other forms of publishing, along with the pros and cons of each.

I will discuss these definitions and a whole lot more about self-publishing, but you’ll have to listen to Marsha Sumner's show, Crosstalk Urban Style on Heaven 1580 AM radio, today, March 3 at 11am Eastern Standard Time (EST). You can listen online at www.Heaven1580am.com.

For those of you who cannot listen to the show, don’t worry, I’ll post more info about the subject in the days ahead.

Hope you can tune in today!

Your Brother in Christ,

Steven Kendall