Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Praise God for Health Care--Pray 1st Congress

As the bills for my recent ER and hospital stays come in the mail, I am so thankful to God for quality, affordable Health Care.

If any member of Congress wants to totally scrap the Health Care Law I suggest you pray first, then make a symbolic first step: Cancel the Govt. sponsored health care that you were provided. Then, if you have children, cancel their policy if they are under the age 27, as they are required to be covered under the current law.

I agree that the Health Care bill needs to be improved in certain areas, but throwing it out completely is not the answer. Again, pray first before you act, members of Congress.

As for the budget deficit, I agree, it's far too high. Again, Congress, take the first step, rescind the pay raise you voted for and received last year. Cut the salaries of all of your staffers as well before consulting them. (I'm being sarcastic, but please pray before you do anything Congressfolk. ) I'll certainly continue to keep you in prayer.